Ferrybridge Multifuel 2
Multifuel 2 is the second energy from waste (EfW) project on the site of Ferrybridge Power Station, known as FM2. We completed 20 different temporary works elements for the £300m project between 2016 and 2018 for our client Hitachi Zosen Inova AG.
As an ISO14001 certified company, we’re delighted to work on a renewables project which generates energy from waste which may otherwise be disposed of to landfill. FM2 has a capacity to generate around 90MW, which is enough energy to power around 170,000 homes.
Our temporary works package included:
- Waste Bunker Slope Stability
- Haul Road Design
- Goalpost Foundations
- Vehicle Access Bridge Axle Capacity
- Weather Protection Assessment
- Ground Bearing Slab Assessment
- Metal Deck Roofing System
- Beam Section Analysis
- Drawpit Protection Design
- Lifting Gantry Slab Assessment
Our work supported the progress of the construction process while ensuring the safety of all site users for the duration of the project.